Last updated: July 10th, 2022
1. Collection of Personal Information
When users visit this site, Internet Protocol (IP) address of the users, which allows us to collect data such as browser and operating system status of the users, is automatically collected.
We may ask for personal information of users such as name, date of birth, shipping address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number and driver’s license number when the users use services provided on our store. In addition, information on transaction records and payments made between users and business partners or other parties, including personal information of the users, may be collected from our business partners and other parties.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows:
- For the provision and operation of our services;
- To answer inquiries from users (including verification of identity);
- To send updates on the services users are using and information on other services provided by us;
- To contact users as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.;
- To allow users to view, change or delete their own registration information and to view their usage status;
- To charge users for usage fees for paid services; and
- Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use.
3. Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not provide personal information of users to any third party without the prior consent of the users, except in cases permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, or other related laws or regulations. However, this shall not apply in the following situations:
- when it is difficult to obtain consent from the users, if required for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person;
- when it is difficult to obtain consent from the users, if specifically required for the improvement of public health or the promotion of fostering healthy children;
- if necessary to cooperate with a central government organization, a local government or a person entrusted by any such parties for them to perform their duties under the relevant laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the users is likely to obstruct the performance of such duties; and
- when the following matters have been notified or announced in advance and we have notified them to the Personal Information Protection Commission:
(1) to include a third-party provision in the purpose of use;
(2) items of data provided to the third party;
(3) a means or method of the third-party provision;
(4) to cease the third-party provision of personal information at the request of the users; and
(5) a method of receiving the request from the users.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, the recipient of personal information shall not fall under the category of a third party in the following cases:
- when we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information to the recipient within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use;
- when personal information is provided as a result of business succession due to a merger or other reasons; and
- when personal information is to be shared with specific persons, and we notify the users in advance or make readily accessible to the users to that effect, the items of personal information to be shared, the range of the persons to share the personal information with, the purpose of use by the persons and the names of the persons responsible for the management of the personal information.
4. Disclosure and Correction of Retained Personal Data
When we are requested by the user to disclose personal information of the user, we will disclose the personal information to the user without delay. However, we may not disclose any or part of the personal information if the disclosure would cause any of the following to occur, and if we decide not to disclose the personal information, we will notify you to that effect without delay:
- when there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the user or a third party;
- when there is a risk of seriously hindering the proper execution of our business; and
- when it would violate any other law or regulation.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, in principle, we will not disclose non-personal information such as historical information and characteristic information.
Please note that we request payment of the fee of JPY 1,000 for each case of disclosure of the personal information.
5. Contact for Consultations and Complaints Regarding Handling of Personal Information
We will accept any question, concern, complaint, or other inquiry regarding our handling of personal information via Contact Form on this site.
6. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and Cookies
This site uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted communication between web browsers and web servers. Personal information entered by users, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers of the users, is automatically encrypted.
The files that this site sends as cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information. Users can disable cookies by modifying your browser settings.
7. Changes to This Policy
The content of this policy is subject to any change from time to time. The changed policy shall be reflected immediately on our services, and posted on this site with a clear statement of the content of the change, whether the change will have any influence, which and how personal information will be collected and used, and in what cases the information may be disclosed.
While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site, we assume no responsibility for any act taken by users based on the information.
We assume no responsibility for any damage or loss to users or third parties arising from the use of this site by the users.
9. Copyrights and Portrait Rights
All materials on this site and our store, such as texts, pictures, logos and images, are protected by copyrights, portrait rights or other related rights. Unauthorized use of the materials for any purpose, including reposting, republishing or retransmission, is prohibited.
10. Company Information
Company name: IKU-An
Representative: Ikuko Abo
E-mail address: email@example.com